Re: Systemd Boot Time Optimization

Hi Barry,
Thanks for your reply.

On 16/08/24 12:50 pm, Barry wrote:
> [You don't often get email from barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Learn why this is important at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]
>
> EXTERNAL EMAIL: Do not click links or open attachments unless you know the content is safe
>
>> On 18 Jul 2024, at 07:31, Dharma.B@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to achieve faster boot times on arm v5 and cortex a5
>> these architectures similar to cortex a7 by tuning systemd?
>
> I expect you are see speeds that are I/O limited.
> You have the tools with system-analyse to root cause this.

Could you please shed some light on those tools?

> Only you have the hardware and software to investigate this.

Could you please comment on this as well ?

root@sam9x60-curiosity-sd:~# systemd-analyze blame
6.984s dev-mmcblk0p2.device
5.120s systemd-udev-trigger.service
3.063s systemd-networkd.service
1.938s systemd-journald.service
1.850s systemd-timesyncd.service
1.826s systemd-resolved.service
995ms systemd-fsck-root.service

Could you please let us know how to further breakdown the time taken by
"dev-mmcblk0p2.device"

as we don't get anything with

systemd-analyze critical-chain dev-mmcblk0p2.device
The time when unit became active or started is printed after the "@"
character.
The time the unit took to start is printed after the "+" character.

dev-mmcblk0p2.device +6.984s

--
With Best Regards,
Dharma B.