Re: [EXT] Re: Re: Re: Understanding the effect of AccuracySec=

Thanks Lennart,

Actually I have a physical "power meter", and I played with my laptop a bit:
In Windows 11 it consumes about 19W when idle, for Linux about 29W, but when it is doing a "little bit", then the power jumps up to 160W or so (Intel speed step technology).
The CPU is probably "power-capped", because when all the 32 logical CPUs go full speed there would be a "core meltdown", I guess. 😉
So the pattern is not as simple as "power" vs. "idle power", but there are multiple power steps actually.
But that would be a different thread...

Regards,
Ulrich