From: Lukáš Nykrýn <lnykryn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2024 3:17 AM
To: SCOTT FIELDS <Scott.Fields@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: systemd-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <systemd-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: journal: question regarding retention options by priority/identifier/unit

Hello! I only briefly tested this, but I believe you can use journal namespaces. I tweaked the Service stanza in systemd-journald-audit. socket to "systemd-journald@ audit. service" restarted everything and now I have audit messages separated
Hello!

I only briefly tested this, but I believe you can use journal namespaces.
I tweaked the Service stanza in systemd-journald-audit.socket to "systemd-journald@audit.service" restarted everything and now I have audit messages separated in /var/log/journal/4339da6539564b07a62c1604525309ff.audit
And since the instance can have separate configuration file (/etc/systemd/journald@xxxxxxxxxx) you could set a different retention policy there. Check the journald.conf manpage.

Lukas