Re: Starting the sshd service on a 'non-bash' system

On Thu, Aug 1, 2024 at 8:41 AM Mark Corbin <mcorbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello

I was wondering whether anybody has any experience of running the sshd service successfully on a system with a 'non-bash' shell?

mark, this is a systemd list, people here may know about openssh but  it is not the right place to ask.

I can't see anything obvious in either the systemd source that suggests a dependency on bash.

IF systemd wants bash, it would explicitly call /bin/bash or have scripts with the proper shebang. otherwise a posix compatible shell should work.
Shells that are widely tested as default are bash and dash, stick to one of those.