Re: Systemd, cgrupsv2, cgrulesengd, and nftables

On 15.06.2024 14:02, Mikhail Morfikov wrote:

Otherwise there is such project as

https://github.com/mk-fg/systemd-cgroup-nftables-policy-manager

which dynamically adds nftables rules to match systemd cgroups (well, in principle it can match anything). It could be combined with "systemd-run --scope" or similar to place commands in specific scopes that will be matched by netfilter.

I don't think the project is what I need.

You need to classify packets according to which cgroup the sender is in. This project does exactly that. Instead of pre-creating rules and adjusting cgroups it adjusts rules as cgroups come and go.

Of course, it also suffers from the race condition - there is window between creating cgroup and adding rules.

See also

https://lore.kernel.org/all/35c20ae1-fc79-9488-8a42-a405424d1e53@xxxxxxxxx/t/