Re: soft-reboot and surviving it

On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 11:48 AM Luca Boccassi <luca.boccassi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, logging should work out of the box as long as the journal is
> used, what problem are you seeing exactly?

Starting around the shutdown and new start of systemd-journald during
soft-reboot, all writes to stderr will result in an error (or create
SIGPIPE if this is not disabled).
I'm using systemd 255.4 from openSUSE Tumbleweed currently and the
service file is based on the example from the manual page, except that
I use "notify" and start my own applications and not sleep. I see this
with applications written in C and in golang.
And not only in the short time frame between shutdown and start, but
also long afterwards.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect, Future Technologies
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Frankenstraße 146, 90461