How to chain services driven by a timer?

My goal is to implement a service that runs after logrotate.service
completes.

logrotate.service is triggered by a timer logrotate.timer.

I don't want to modify either of logrotate.service or logrotate.timer,
as they are provided by the OS vendor (SLES 12 SP5, in my case.)

I've tried to apply advice I've seen in misc. forums, e.g.:

  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/76314129/how-do-i-configure-systemd-timers-to-run-three-separate-tasks-one-after-the-next

  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70645559/execute-systemd-service-just-after-another-using-a-timer

But I can't seem to get it to be fired.

The version of systemd on this distribution:

  10-153-68-34:~ # rpm -q systemd
  systemd-228-157.57.1.x86_64

I'd appreciate any guidance.

My current service file:

  [Unit]
  Description=Activities after logrotation

  Requires=logrotate.service
  Wants=logrotate.service
  After=logrotate.service

  [Service]
  #Type=oneshot
  Type=simple

  ExecStart=/usr/bin/logger 'XXX post log rotation'

  [Install]
  WantedBy=timers.target

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@xxxxxxxxxxx>