Re: EXT: Re: Custom target between basic and multi-user targets

On Di, 09.04.24 09:39, Agrain Patrick (patrick.agrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you Lennart.
> The target inclusion between basic and multi-user is OK. The
> list-dependencies shows it as expected.

> I also add the set-default to foo.target to be able to check it.
>
> >From
> >https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/latest/bootup.html,
> >at this stage, filesystems should be mounted (confirmed by the logs
> >on the serial console), so normally I should be able to execute any
> >binary as 'root' called by ExecStart.
>
> Is that correct ?

What you are writing here is very vague. If you have a service between
basic.target and multi-user.target then yes, local file systems are mounted
(they are mounted in time for the local-fs.target, which is ordered
before basic.target). Remote file systems might not be, they are
ordered against remote-fs.target instead, which is *not* ordered
before basic.target (simply because various network management
solutions do not run in early boot)

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin