Re: ExecReload and dynamic arguments (start control process with arguments)

On Mon, 4 Mar 2024 at 14:47, Vadim Nevorotin <nevorotin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

/etc/init.d/ourservice reload|soft-reload|hard-reload [--someargs]

I've often wondered, too, how to translate system-v services into systemd, specifically like with apache or nginx we had gotten things like configtest,status,fullstatus, etc

yes I know you can use apachectl for that. Or rather used to be able to, as newer versions now change things again and now you have to use httpd; point being those commands belong to the "service" and all you had to remember was this one command, not "ooh sometimes it's service, sometimes it is apachectl and sometimes it is httpd, but it depends on what distro and what version etc etc"

(apologies for the rant and highjacking the thread [a little bit])