Forking service behind socket and service.

Hi,
I have a old legacy service that's a bit odd in that it was previously launched by xinetd but is weird in that:

After an initial quite quick auth and set up a daemon is forked of to run the much longer process.

Setting this up with a socket me.socket and me@.service does not work quite right for us.

In particular I want the socket to close once the fork happens.

If the service is Type=forking things do work but socket is persisted - that's not great for thing doing the original submission. It expects the socket to be short lived.

Only workaround I have which is rubbish for obvious reasons is to use the service with Type=simple, KillMode=None to leave the forked process running.

Anyway to persuade the socket service to close earlier.

Presumably in the xinetd world xinetd was oblivious to this forked process.

Steve.