Re: Query on sshd.socket sshd.service approaches

On Wed, Mar 6, 2024 at 8:41 AM Shreenidhi Shedi
<shreenidhi.shedi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> What is the rationale behind using sshd.socket other than not keeping sshd daemon running always and reducing memory consumption?

Neither is provided by systemd, so I guess this question is better
addressed to the project that ships these units. Recently systemd
added generators for the ssh which do not work without socket units at
all (like VSOCK inside VM), but that is orthogonal to running the
traditional sshd.