systemd journal remote filling disk with supposedly corrupted files

Hello,

I'm trying to use systemd journal remote.
Occasionally the system goes crazy, spams errors like this:

systemd-journal-remote[<pid>]: File /var/log/journal/remote//remote-<ip>.journal corrupted or uncleanly shut down, renaming and replacing.

When this happens, this leads to tens of 8MB .journal~ files per second, which usually ends badly.
journalctl --verify says "PASS" for those files.

I've been searching for answers and solutions for months.
Tried various systemd versions from Debian bullseye, bookworm and backports (247, ... , 252).
What can i do?

Wolfgang