Re: Systems-resolved: Calling gethostbyaddr on non-local/non-private causes connection attempt

Hi Cristian,

Below is my complete /etc/nsswitch.conf file.

Have you tried any other IP addresses by chance? I noticed that some IPs do not exhibit this behavior such as 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8.

I’m also willing to see if this behavior exists outside Debian, maybe it’s a default Debian configuration causing this.

Thanks,

Anthony

```

user@debian12:~$ cat /etc/nsswitch.conf

# /etc/nsswitch.conf

#

# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.

# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:

# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd:         files systemd

group:          files systemd

shadow:         files systemd

gshadow:        files systemd

hosts:          files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns myhostname

networks:       files

protocols:      db files

services:       db files

ethers:         db files