Systemd units complains about cgroup with 5.15.x kernel

Hi,

I am using systemd v255,
and currently using a kernel vendor branch :

git@xxxxxxxxxx:varigit/linux-imx.git
lf-5.15.y_var01
imx_v7_defconfig

I had no issue with the older 5.4 kernel.

I have verified that the kernel has the following options:

CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
CONFIG_CGROUPS=y
CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y
CONFIG_SIGNALFD=y
CONFIG_TIMERFD=y
CONFIG_EPOLL=y
CONFIG_UNIX=y
CONFIG_SYSFS=y
CONFIG_PROC_FS=y
CONFIG_FHANDLE=y

CONFIG_NET_NS=y

CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED is not set

CONFIG_AUTOFS_FS=y
CONFIG_AUTOFS4_FS=y
CONFIG_TMPFS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_TMPFS_XATTR=y

--->

systemd is failing to start some units:

systemd[1]: wpa_supplicant.service: Failed to create cgroup /system.slice/wpa_supplicant.service: No such file or directory
and also;
 (agetty)[217]: serial-getty@ttymxc0.service: Failed to attach to cgroup /system.slice/system-serial\x2dgetty.slice/serial-getty@ttymxc0.service: No medium found

... and I do not have a serial console.

I am currently digging into systemd code to find out what is possibly wrong .. but if anyone gets a clue, I would appreciate !

Thanks !
Thierry
--
Re: test