Re: openSUSE MicroOS/Tumbleweed with systemd-boot available

Ludwig Nussel wrote:
JFYI openSUSE now has a MicroOS (transactional system with read-only /) qcow image¹ suitable for use in qemu that uses systemd-boot. The image is part of the Tumbleweed development process and automatically released (ie potentially daily). It's fully integrated with btrfs snapshots and rollback. As a special gimmick the image automatically encrypts itself on first boot. Optionally the image can also leverage a TPM or FIDO2 key to unlock the volume. Still quite WIP so I wouldn't recommend this for production use. Nevertheless worth trying out to see how a mainstream distro may leverage the technology.

The image implements what I talked about at ASG². A more detailed article is available on news.o.o³. Some screenshots in the wiki⁴ and a video⁵ from openQA for the impatient :-)

A Tumbleweed image with traditional writable file system will follow soon. That one will be more convenient for development.

The Tumbleweed image is now released as well:

http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/appliances/openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Minimal-VM.x86_64-kvm-and-xen-sdboot.qcow2

cu
Ludwig

--