Re: Activation environment(s)?

So I'm seeing an artifact of dbus-broker.

Is it possible to unset a variable from native dbus execution environment?

On 08/01/2024 19.21, Mantas Mikulėnas wrote:
The traditional dbus-daemon keeps a separate environment for services it spawns directly (i.e. those that don't specify SystemdService= in their D-Bus .service files), though that it doesn't apply to services it runs via systemd so you need to keep both in sync.

On the other hand, dbus-broker runs everything via systemd (using transient service units if necessary), and as far as I know it no longer keeps track of a separate activation environment and all changes are just directly forwarded to systemd's environment instead.

It depends on which implementation your distribution uses.