Ton of random units "could not be found"

Hi all,

    When I run `systemctl status --all` I see a ton of "Unit X could not
be found" where X = an item from the list below.  How did this mess
happen and how to clean it up?  None of these units represent things the
system is using, for the most part.

    Some units appear to be remnants left behind in /etc/systemd, for
example /etc/systemd/system/ntp.service is a symlink pointing to
non-existent /lib/systemd/system/ntpsec.service.  I can delete
/etc/systemd/system/ntp.service and after `systemctl daemon-reload` it's
now gone from the list below.

    Other items have different situations, like tmp.mount exists at
/usr/share/systemd/tmp.mount but isn't an enabled unit or anything, if I
try to enable or unmask it I'm just told "Unit tmp.mount could not be
found." or "Unit file tmp.mount does not exist."

systemd is 252.19-1~deb12u1 from Debian 12 bookworm/main repo

Thanks

boot.automount
home.mount
tmp.mount