Journald Rotate

Greetings,

I’m not sure if this is the right group to post this question to, but here goes…

  • On my Red Hat 8 system I have Storage=persistent, SplitMode=uid and SystemMaxFiles=100.
  • The folder /var/log/journal/<random string>/ I have 1 system.journal file and 99 user.journal files

When the rotate function kicks in for system.journal, does it take into account the 99 user files in the 100 count? Does it then at this point delete system.journal and create a new one?

Thank You,

Maximo E Baro

Associate Engineer IV - Comp System Admin

Jacobs Technology/COMET