WSL Ubuntu creates XDG_RUNTIME_DIR with incorrect permissions

I set up WSL on Windows 10 and created an instance from the default Ubuntu 22.04 image.

I ran some (non-GUI) software that somehow relies on Qt, and apparently Qt does some checks on the XDG environment, so I got the following.

Warning: QStandardPaths: wrong permissions on runtime directory /run/user/1000/, 0755 instead of 0700

And yes, all the user folders are set to 755, including much of their content, which violates the XDG Base Directory Specification. (screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/ISn3ebh.png).

As far as I can understand, its some part of systemd, that creates this folder. So is this an issue with systemd?

The validate_runtime_directory in pam_systemd already does a number of checks on XDG_RUNTIME_DIR. How about also checking if the permissions are correct/valid?

Sincerely, Thomas