Re: Which archive formats are supported by systemd-sysupdate?

On Tue, Nov 21, 2023 at 6:04 PM Adrian Vovk <adrianvovk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think relevant code for sysupdate / systemd-pull is here: https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/main/src/import/import-compress.c

Ah I was unaware that systemd-pull does indeed seem to decompress file
streams. Thanks for the hint.

> Relevant code for the rest of systemd is here: https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/main/src/basic/compress.c
>
> Not sure why they are different and have different algorithms... That's a question for whoever wrote systemd-importd, probably

Yeah that is a bit weird. My first guess might have been different
licenses (GPL vs LGPL) but that does not seem to be the case. I
created #30126 suggesting to bring these in sync or at least have the
algos match. Previously we thought about using ZSTD but we will stick
with XZ for now.

Thanks for your help.
Greetings, Nils