Re: systemd-nspawn/systemd.nspawn machinectl enable/start

Each nspawn container that's managed via machinectl is run as an instance of "systemd-nspawn@.service". Add a [Service] ExecStartPre= to the instance you need, using `systemctl edit` or similar.

On Mon, Oct 2, 2023 at 1:37 AM Rob Ert <ertr3960@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

As I have not been able to find an answer to my question after consulting man pages and google, I am turning to this mailing list.

I have a systemd-nspawn os container that I have set to automatically start with machinectl enable.
I would like to automatically have a bcachefs snapshot created before the machine is started. As provisions for a hook to script something like this do not seem to be supported in systemd.nspawn,
I would like to know what and where the best way and place to achieve this is?

Please cc me.

Many thanks,
and all the best,
Rob