Bluetooth in a multiseat (via loginctl) setup

Hello all!

Sorry to bother a -devel list with my user troubles, but I don't know where (else) to start.

So, Ubuntu 22.04, multiseat setup automagically via loginctl. The only thing I had to do extra was disable Wayland in gdm. Works beautifully. Except for Bluetooth.

I've one USB port (with an attached hub) attached to seat one. Thought I'd just attach a dedicated BT dongle to that hub, done. Turns out BT adapters don't show up in the output of loginctl seat-status at all, not the USB one on the hub, not the (USB) one integrated into the mainboard. Looking at them with udevadm they seem to be tagged correctly, AFAICT.

In GNOME on seat1 it shows my (manually paired) BT keyboard in the system dropdown menu, but when I open BT settings it says BT is off, no adapters found.
In GNOME on seat0 the BT settings GUI works, but AFAICT shows the wrong adapter.

I'm thinking I may just have the wrong end of the stick entirely--how is BT supposed to work with multiseat? Ideally each seat would be able to pair and configure its own BT devices in the usual GNOME GUI. But maybe it's more of a bluetoothd access control thing than a device assignment one?

Anyway, would appreciate a few pointers,

Kind regards,
Christian Pernegger