Re: Normal user can ask status of services

Do not send personal reply to the list post.

On 26.08.2023 15:35, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
Op za 26 aug 2023 om 13:45 schreef Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>:

On 26.08.2023 10:44, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

Is this the expected behaviour?

Yes, it is.

It seemed strange to me, but I will not worry then.
Thanks.

At the moment it is not important, but if I do not want that a normal user
can query the status: can I circumvent this?

I am not sure. systemctl just calls org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.GetAll on unit D-Bus path. I am not aware of any way to restrict it in systemd. You may restrict it on the D-Bus level. Currently it is open to all

                <allow send_destination="org.freedesktop.systemd1"
                       send_interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties"
                       send_member="GetAll"/>

I do not know if it is possible to put restrictions only on some paths.