Using systemd-creds for sharing secrets between services

Hi,

I have one service that securely receives a user password. I need to send this password to another service without transmitting it as plaintext over D-Bus, considering security aspects.

I came across systemd-creds. I managed to enable openssl in systemd compilation and to encrypt/decrypt a file from the terminal. However, I haven’t found any examples of how to use system-creds in a C++ program. Are there any relevant APIs in system-devel? If so, what is the exact API I should use to encrypt data in one service and decrypt it in another?

Any suggestions or insights on this matter would be most welcome.

Regards,

Orit