Re: Under what condition would systemd not restart a target service.

On 03.06.2023 15:25, Virendra Negi wrote:
I noticed a couple of days back that in the event of an apt-get update of
the target services, our services did not start.

"target service" sounds very strange in systemd world.

Apparently, the service was in a sleeping state when it was upgraded. We
are also capturing the SIGTERM signal to do a graceful shutdown(when
systemctl tell us to stop) but since the service was sleeping for a
definite period the shutdown was delayed. (more than 90s) causing the
systemctl to kill the process by sending *SIGKILL. *

*We expected the systemctl to restart the update binary thereafter but it
didn't*

Quick testing with systemd 249 on Ubuntu 22.04 restarts service with "systemctl restart" even if stop times out.