systemd-resolved not working in a realistic scenario

Hi,

I already read many docs about systemd-resolved, but still to able to solve my very simple use case for name resolution.

Suppose we've two (not only one!) private/internal domain and both of them have a separate dns server. eg:
- domain: a.com dns: 1.2.3.4
- domain: b.com dns: 5.6.7.8

Assume we use a vpn and we only access to these domains and dns servers only when we connect to the vpn. What's more we use some wireguard vpn solutions like tailscale, netbird or netmaker. This is important since these has it's own internal dns servers and domains. The dns servers usually listen on the local ip address of the wireguard interface eg:
- domain: netbird.cloud dns: 100.76.1.2

This means i've 2 interface:
- enp6s0 (lan)
- wt0 (wireguard)

What I'd like to achieve:
- if the vpn is not connected
  - all dns query goes to 8.8.8.8
- if vpn is connected:
  - netbird.cloud goes to 100.76.1.2
  - a.com goes through wt0 to 1.2.3.4
  - b.com goes through wt0 to 5.6.7.8
  - all other domain goes to 8.8.8.8
  - and of course my search domains netbird.cloud a.com b.com

as far as i see systemd-resolved assume all dns on the same interface has the same role and serve the same domains (which is not true in this case). if I start systemd-netword i've only one list for DNS and one for domains. Even though I can define
DNS=100.76.1.2%wt0#netbird.cloud 1.2.3.4%wt0#a.com 5.6.7.8%wt0#b.com
but it's not working. And if I also add
Domains=netbird.cloud a.com b.com
that's not help either.

So can I configure more domain to different dns server(s) on the same interface or not? How can I configure more dns servers for one domain? eg a.com can have 2 dns servers?

What's more if it's as laptop and I can go to the office where the a.com and b.com domain no longer required to route (since these are the internal domains) BUT the vpn connection still required and the netbird.cloud domain still should have to be resolved on the wt0 interface, than I can't put this into network interface specific .network config file since the wt0 is up both at the office and at home.

IMHO this is a very realistic setup where i've more than one domain and more then one dns servers.

Is it currently not possible or just way too complicated?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

ps. anyway this 1.2.3.4%wt0#a.com configuration reminds me to the old sendmail config files. which was so cryptic that no one can configure.