Re: Failed to start up manager. Freezing execution.

On Fr, 21.04.23 18:36, Caeri Tech (caeritech@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I've been running Linux from RAM for a couple years without issue.
> However, since the upgrade from 252 to 253 the load to RAM fails and the
> computer hangs with the message below:
>
> [!!!!!!] Failed to start up manager.
> [  439.264894] systemd[1]: Freezing execution.
>
> What does this message mean and what new systemd 253 requirements do I
> need to satisfy for the load to RAM to work as it did before?

I am not sure "what running Linux from RAM" is precisely supposed to
mean, but I am pretty sure the above message has little to do with
amount of memory required. Enable debug output if output is too terse.

https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Debugging/#diagnosingbootproblems

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin