One shot service failure on Fedora 37

Hello systemd devel,

I have a systemd service that I’ve run on prior versions of fedora which fails to start via systemd on Fedora release 37. It is a oneshot service that starts the distributed checksum clearing house’s dccifd service via a shell script. Here is the definition of the service:

[Unit]
Description=Distributed Checksum Clearinghouses dccifd daemon
After=syslog.target network.target

[Service]
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes
ExecStart=/var/dcc/libexec/rcDCC -m dccifd start
ExecStop=/var/dcc/libexec/rcDCC -m dccifd stop
Restart=no

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

The error in the journalctl log is:

systemd[1]: Starting dccifd.service - Distributed Checksum Clearinghouses dccifddaemon…

systemd[1]: dccifd.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV

systemd[1]: dccifd.service: Failed with result 'signal.

systemd[1]: Failed to start dccifd.service - Distributed Checksum Clearinghouses dccifddaemon.

The two scripts in ExecStart and ExecStop run successfully outside of systemd. Any info as to why systemd fails when executing these scripts would be appreciated.

Best,
Bill Steinberg