creating device nodes

Hi all,

I want to create a device (/dev/fuse) in an LXC container. The kernel bit works; I can mknod manually, but I'd rather use a systemd unit, and make it a dependency of mounting filesystems from /etc/fstab.

It looks like .device units are supposed to be created automatically if there's an appropriate udev rule with TAG+="systemd" - these lines exists in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/99-systemd.rules:

# Asynchronously mount file systems implemented by these modules as soon as they are loaded. SUBSYSTEM=="module", KERNEL=="fuse", TAG+="systemd", ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}+="sys-fs-fuse-connections.mount"

The comment seems to suggest it will cause the filesystems to be mounted when the device is created, which is kind of the reverse of what I'm after. Do I need a different line?

Or do I need to create a .device unit file manually? I can't see much info on doing that.

Cheers,
Richard