Re: how to let systemd hibernate start/stop the swap area?

Lennart Poettering <lennart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> oomd/PSI looks at memory allocation latencies to determine memory
> pressure. Since you disallow anonymous memory to be paged out and thus
> increase IO on file backed memory you increase the latencies
> unnecessarily, thus making oomd trigger earlier.

Did this get changed in the last few years?  Because I'm sure it used to
be based on the total commit limit, and so OOM wouldn't start killing
until your swap was full, which didn't happen until the system was
thrashing itself to uselessness for 20 minutes already.

If this has been fixed then I guess it's time for me to start using swap
again.

What happens if you use zswap?  Will hibernation try to save things to
there instead of a real disk swap?  It might be nice to have zswap for
normal use and the on disk swap for hibernate.