Re: systemd-resolved: performance question

On Fr, 24.03.23 03:16, Petr Menšík (pemensik@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Even if it could not use filesystem monitoring, I guess it could check those
> files only once per second or so. Should not depend on number of done
> queries.

It's not so easy. We generally want to give the guarantee that if
people from some script patch around in /etc/resolv.conf and
immediately fire a DNS request afterwards, that we'll handle this and
give you answers with the new config.

There are conflicting goals here: nice, reliably behaviour that config
changes are guaranteed to be taken into account, and a simple goal of
performance to reduce these stat calls.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin