Re: Linking /lib64 to /usr/lib

On Sa, 25.02.23 11:39, Adrian Vovk (adrianvovk@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Well it would only link /lib64 to /usr/lib if both Debian-style and
> Fedora-style multilib don't exist and the loader is in lib, unless I'm
> mistaken? I'm pretty sure it should be harmless to Fedora and openSUSE.
>
> Maybe it'd be preferable for me to make a /usr/lib64->/usr/lib link, then
> let systemd think this is Fedora-style multilib? Would there be any bad
> side effects from that?

If I'd start with a distro today I'd always follow Debian's way to
organize things for libraries, i.e. go for /usr/lib/<triplet>/…

It's simply the most generic, and simplest way: have one libdir per
arch, and don't redefine what "lib64" or "lib" means on various archs.

systemd supports that perfectly, and will auto-symlink /lib and /lib64
automatically to the right subdir if ABI needs that.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin