Re: efivarfs mounting

On Mo, 16.01.23 18:30, Michał Zegan (webczat@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What should be responsible for mounting efivarfs?
>
> Using systemd-251 on fedora37, and my machine is booted in uefi mode also
> with secureboot, but /sys/firmware/efi/efivars is not mounted on
> boot, why?

pid1 does that early on, unconditionally on EFI systems. No manual
work necessary. pid consumes some efivars, hence it ensures it is
mounted aleady.

> I cannot find any unit file related to efivarfs mounting, and honestly even
> adding a fstab entry didn't work. I am out of ideas. Can mount it manually
> but am sure previously it worked, but unsure when.

if it's not mounted, then something really strange is going
on. selinux issue maybe? or something manually unmounting it later?

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin