sd_bus_get_timeout returns absolute time despite what's documented

Hi everyone,

According to sd_bus_get_timeout(3) man page, sd_bus_get_timeout() returns "timeout in us to pass to poll()" and it also states that "the returned time-value is relative".

However, in reality, this function returns an absolute time point (a-ka relative to the monotonic clock epoch). Hence, the returned value cannot be simply converted to milliseconds and given to poll(). It must first be subtracted from the current monotonic clock time.

I followed the documentation and had a bug in my code for some time :) Shall the documentation be updated to mention the necessity of conversion from absolute to relative? Or does sd_bus_get_timeout() have a bug and shall this function do the subtraction for the user and return relative time?

Thanks, kind regards,

Stanislav.