Re: Syslog forwarding not working within journal namespace

The forwarding itself is namespaced. ForwardToSyslog relies on the syslogd daemon setting up a receiving socket at /run/systemd/journal/syslog through which journald will send the messages – but for namespaced journald, the runtime directory is different (the point of it being namespaced) so the syslogd needs to set up an additional socket at /run/systemd/journal.my-namespace/syslog as well.

(Though are you sure the system was using ForwardToSyslog, and not some other method? The default configuration of both rsyslog and syslog-ng no longer uses this forwarding style, instead the syslogd directly imports messages from .journal files – which again needs the syslogd to be configured to read from the namespaced path in addition to the default path.)