Re: Preventing automatic driver loading on live boot disk

Awesome, thanks!

On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 12:04 PM Lennart Poettering <lennart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Do, 17.11.22 21:41, Andrei Borzenkov (arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On 17.11.2022 20:48, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > On Do, 17.11.22 18:17, Vadim Lebedev (vadiml1024@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> >
> > > Awesome, thanks, it is EXTREMELY useful
> > >   | Find the right one and denylist it.
> > > One more question:  how do I  'denylist'  the offending alias?
> >
> > Via the "blacklist" stanza in the modprobe configuration files, like
> > you already are using.
> >

> Care to provide example how to use "blacklist" stanza to denylist only
> specific PCI ID? Because kmod documentation does not explain it.

Oh, right "blacklist" actually works differently than I was
remembering. But this should work:

alias pci:v00008086d0000A0EDsv000017AAsd000022D5bc0Csc03i30 letsmaskthisone

if you do that, then the kernel requesting that modalias will tell
modprobe to load letsmaskthisone.ko but that does not exist, so it
will fail and not load anything.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin