Re: dependent services status

On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 08:52:00AM -0600, Ted Toth wrote:
> I have a set of services that depend on each other however when
> services are started and considered 'active' that does not necessarily
> mean they are in a state that a dependent service requires them to be
> in to operate properly (for example an inotify watch has been
> established). systemd services, I think,  have a substate, is there a
> way I can set that to a custom value to indicate the services idea of
> its own state?

For any given service, I sometimes introduce a ExecStartPost that would
block until some resource is consumed (network port opened, lock created,
whatever).

Perhaps not the most efficient, but that's how I've enforced 'really
up'.

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
BSD admin/developer at large