Antw: Re: [systemd‑devel] [EXT] Finding network interface name in different distro

Nachricht <20221018173901.GA5754@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> This doesn't answer the OP's question, but my trick for enumerating
> network devices was to use something like:
>
>   egrep ‑v ‑e "lo:" /proc/net/dev | grep ':' | cut ‑d: ‑f

Trying your command here I get an error ("cut: option requires an argument --
'f'").
I also tried an awk-variant that even seems to perform faster:

# time awk '$1 ~ /:$/ { sub(":", "", $1); if ($1 != "lo") print $1 }'
/proc/net/dev
em1
em2
bond1
p4p1
bond0
p4p2

real    0m0.001s
user    0m0.001s
sys     0m0.000s
# time egrep -v -e "lo:" /proc/net/dev | grep ':' | cut -d: -f1
   em1
   em2
 bond1
  p4p1