Re: systemd-udevd -any way to list triggered rules with their files etc ?

On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 07:20:44 +0200
Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Network devices do not have a group/owner/mode at all.
>
> > I know it does get triggered, since after replugging the WIFi stick
> > I do get "wlan17" interface.But resulting created device in
> > /dev/bus/usb/00x/00y gets created with MODE=0640 and root:usb
>
> That is the usbfs device node, not the network device.  If this is a
> network device, why do you care about the usbfs connection to the
> device and not the normal network device name?

Thanks, I've figured that one in the meantime myself.
Still, it would be nice if there was a way to see which rules were hit,
when and why.

And if possible, similar tool for .link files.
As it is now, I had to enter custom udev rules to rename my nics.
Name="xyz" settings in link file wouldn't do it for me and I don't
remember being able to get any clue on the reason from systemd-udevd.

I'm sure there are plenty of cases where this could come very handy.