Re: bond for wlan/lan failover: hook for dhcp changes?

grawity:

> You could use the networkd-broker tool (or its predecessor
> networkd-dispatcher) to react to networkd's configuration events, or a
> netlink-based tool (similar to `ip mon addr`) to directly watch IP address
> changes.

Thanks! So it seems there is no pure systemd way to get triggered.

BTW: Can't find "networkd-broker" anywhere.

> To be honest though, a bond0 that's connected to two completely different
> networks kind of makes no sense to me at all. How is it better than just
> having two network interfaces?

A bond with Mode=active-backup is kind of a hard switch between the
interfaces, even if both may be up. And the local network behind it
doesn't have to deal with two interfaces, e.g. for your actual
internet uplink or for whatever reason.