Change session type after it has been started

Hello,

while searching through the internet for information on how to change
the session type after it has already been started, I found this:

Now I am wondering how SetType is supposed to be used. To try it out, I
logged in on textual tty and entered:

busctl call org.freedesktop.login1
/org/freedesktop/login1/session/$XDG_SESSION_ID
org.freedesktop.login1.Session SetType s wayland

Unfortunately, I got:

Call failed: You must be in control of this session to set type

Then I tried to take over control of the session:

busctl call org.freedesktop.login1
/org/freedesktop/login1/session/$XDG_SESSION_ID
org.freedesktop.login1.Session TakeControl b true

But I got:

Call failed: Access denied

What is the use of SetType if a user is not allowed to change the type
of a session owned by himself?

Regards
  Christoph