Re: boot-complete.target dependencies issue

On 17.09.2022 19:44, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> So, my recommended fix: add After=multi-user.target to your
> service. Note that systemd handling of .wants/ works like this:
>
> 1. add Wants= type dep
> 2. if no After=/Before= dep is set, then also add Before=

That's not what manual page says. Is it documented anywhere?

Manual page says that .wants/ it equivalent of Wants and that "Target
units will automatically complement all configured dependencies of type
Wants= or Requires= with dependencies of type After= unless
DefaultDependencies=no is set in the specified units". Nowhere does it
say "unless other ordering dependencies already exist".