xen shutdown question

Dear systemd users/developers,

I am using a shutdown inhibitor (kubelet), which seems to be working when issuing `systemctl reboot` or `systemctl poweroff`, but when the vm is shut down from the outside (xl shutdown), the inhibitor seems not to be waited on.

Systemd version is:

# systemctl --version
systemd 247 (247.3-7)
+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ +LZ4 +ZSTD +SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS +KMOD +IDN2 -IDN +PCRE2 default-hierarchy=unified

os is:
# cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="11"
VERSION="11 (bullseye)"
VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye
ID=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/";
SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support";
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/";

I would like to achieve that if a shutdown request arrives from xen, the inhibitor has a chance to respond.

What configuration is needed to achieve this?

In detail, I am running a kubernetes node, and would like to use kubernetes node graceful shutdown feature.

Thanks in advance,
Richard