Stuck mount units

Hey all,

This one is a bit of a long shot so I'm not too optimistic about
finding any resolution, but figured I'd try.

In Fedora CoreOS we've seen a mount unit get stuck and the system will
just stay there forever (in the initramfs). Does this sound crazy?
Anyone seen something similar before?

The crazy part here is that debug logging doesn't expose the problem
(not surprising I guess). The even crazier part is that if I do
anything later (while the system is stalled) the stalled unit gets
unstuck and continues. See my proposed workaround that works [1].

Anyway.. There are way more details over in [2]. I just didn't feel
like I had enought to open a proper bug here.

Thanks for any help!
Dusty

[1] https://github.com/coreos/fedora-coreos-config/pull/1961
[2] https://github.com/coreos/fedora-coreos-tracker/issues/1233#issuecomment-1238814171