Re: networkd : ipv6 prefix delegation

Just thinking out loud here but aren't RA messages are sent as link local multicast messages? How can it send them if you disable link local addressing?

On Mon, 5 Sept 2022, 19:14 Ede Wolf, <listac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 05.09.22 um 18:34 schrieb Ede Wolf:
> Hello,
>
> For a simple setup, I've tried to replace radvd with systemds
> IPv6SendRA=true.
>
> Now the link supposed to send the RA of course has both a fixed local as
> well as fixed global (ULA) address. As it happens to be the default gw
> as well.
>
> Since the local address is being configured manually,
> LinkLocalAddressing is consequently set to no
>

> Now networkd complains, from the journal:
>
> IPv6PrefixDelegation= is enabled but IPv6 link-local addressing is
> disabled. Disabling IPv6PrefixDelegation=.
>

> Not sure what I am overlooking, but the SendRA is meant for other
> clients, not for this link. Otherwise I would have set IPv6AcceptRA to
> true, not IPv6SendRA.
>
> What am I misinterpreting here?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ede

I may have mixed up terms, something that, however, does not make things
more comprehendable to me.
I am not using DHCPv6, I would just like to announce the prefix via RA
to other clients on that link. So prefix delegation is likely something
else. I've just concluded that from the journal message.

However, my .network file has no DHCPv6 related stanzas:

[Match]
Name=brlan

[Link]
MACAddress=02:...