Re: logging for socket-based services

As far as I know, only "[Service] LogLevelMax=notice" can hide those messages, but it also has the side effect of discarding *all* lower-level log messages generated by the service (even through syslog or journal APIs), so IMO it's kind of a last-resort option.

But if your services receive so many connections that these messages are overwhelming the system logs, they should probably be rewritten to accept connections internally (i.e. use systemd Accept=no or xinetd wait=yes, so that the service will receive the "listener" sockets from systemd, put them in a regular event loop) instead of starting a new instance for each connection.