Re: homectl error: "System does not support selected file system"

Systemd-homed Support is not available yet in NixOS but there are some active PRs.  I think we can better assist you in the #nixos-systemd channel in the NixOS matrix than on the systemd mailing list.

Care to drop questions there? Happy to assist.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2022, 18:03 Doron Behar, <doron.behar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to setup homed on NixOS and I get the following error when
trying to create the 1st homed user:

```
> sudo homectl create doron-test
[sudo] password for doron:
🔐 Please enter new password for user doron-test:
🔐 Please enter new password for user doron-test (repeat): (no echo)
Operation on home doron-test failed: System does not support selected file system
```

Why is that? My `/home` is on a btrfs, and I also tried
`--fs-type=btrfs` along with and without different `--storage` options.
Could it be something wrong with my system configuration? NixOS doesn't
support homed fully yet, see:

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/91243

Help will be appreciated