Re: systemd-nspawn container not starting on RHEL9.0

Thank you again Lennart, and thx Kevin.

That makes total sense, and accounts for the application's high level start-up delay which appears to be what we are stuck with if we are over xfs. Unfortunately, it's difficult to dictate to the client to change their fs type, consequently we can't develop / ship a tool with that baseline latency on our primary target platform (RHEL xx.)

So the next obvious question would be, is XFS reflink support on the systemd-nspawn roadmap or actually, (and even better) has support been incorporated already in the latest and greatest src and I'm just behind the curve working with the older version of nspawn as shipped in RHEL90?

I'm asking because according to the RHEL 9 docs (https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/9/html-single/managing_file_systems/index#the-xfs-file-system_assembly_overview-of-available-file-systems) it's the current default fs and is configured for "Reflink-based file copies."

I understand that the project supports many distros, but I'm also assuming that RHEL would make the list of platforms that the tool should run optimally on. So, Is this worth submitting an enhancement request? It's certainly not a bug.

We like the feature set of nspawn and want to keep banging on it; Probably pushing it into spaces it was not intended for, but that's another story, and our issue...

Regards,

-Tom