Re: Regarding service rate limiting (systemd 237)

Hi.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 06:26:44PM +0530, Ani A <aniruddha.a@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> but somehow only with the services that I am trying to rate-limit
> (C,unix daemons), it doesn't work! :(

Does your service crash later than the demo service terminates?
(I.e. you may not reach the sufficient fail rate for start limit to kick
in.)

> I just want to make sure that the disk is not filled with core files
> (the daemon dumps pretty huge core files), hence [trying] to
> limit it to 5 restarts, but it keeps restarting forever :(

I may suggest you to use systemd-coredump and e.g. MaxUse= (see
coredump.conf).

Also note that restart limiting would only limit the increase of data
consumption due to core file accumulation but its total size would be
unbound (without a removal process).

HTH,
Michal