Re: certificate and trust store feature for systemd

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 4:28 PM SCOTT FIELDS <Scott.Fields@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I apologize for the very general inquiry.

Are there any plans to have system natively support its own trust store for items like CAs, x509 certs, passwords & truststores akin to the keychain in Windows and OS X?

I still find the management of PKIs in /etc/pki to be problematic.

Having this available as a core service within systemd using like APIs either in (mostly deprecated) CAPI or the new CNG

This sounds more like the area of p11-kit, rather than systemd.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas